Is Assisted Living Right for You?
If you or a loved one are having difficulty with everyday activities, such as managing medications, showering, dressing, getting around the house or running errands, an assisted living community may be right for you. These senior living options provide residents with the daily support they need, while allowing them to remain as independent as possible. An assisted living facility does not provide the round-the-clock medical care and supervision of a skilled nursing facility.
Some assisted living facilities offer apartment-style living with scaled down kitchens, while others provide single rooms. Most facilities have a group dining area and common areas for social and recreational activities.
The Greater San Francisco Bay Area offers numerous assisted living options, with a wide range of services and prices. As your assisted living advisors, Premier Residential Placement Service can help you understand the pros and cons of each option so that you make an informed decision. A good assisted living community will develop a personalized care plan that meets your needs, while giving you the freedom to do what you can for yourself.
Services offered at a typical assisted living facility include:
- Three meals a day and snacks served in a common dining area
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, going to the bathroom, and walking
- Medication management
- Emergency call systems in each resident’s living space
- Housekeeping services
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Access to health and medical services
- Laundry services
- Social and recreational activities, exercise and wellness programs
- Staff available to help with unexpected issues
For more information about assisted living services in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, please contact assisted living advisors Premier Residential Placement Service at 415 717 8166. Complimentary advice and free 24-hour support.